Patterson Addresses ‘Detroit Reservation’ Comments Amidst Pressure
Within days of The New Yorker article’s release in which Michigan’s Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson was quoted as saying, “What we’re going to do is turn Detroit into an Indian reservation, where we herd all the Indians into the city, build a fence around it, and then throw in the blankets and corn.” The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan’s Chief Steven Pego has responded, demanding an apology and Monday morning protestors were demonstrating outside of the Oakland County Courthouse.
As they fucking should. Where’s the petition to recall this disgusting human being?
(Source: indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)10 notes
2 months ago
- mihaimoga likes this
- tuimoc likes this
- gingerche reblogged this from inkdefense
- firstnations1970 reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- calmbeneathcastles reblogged this from nativeamericannews and added:
- marxxxus reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- marxxxus likes this
- readinglist32 likes this
- inkdefense reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- nativeamericannews posted this